top of page
  • Writer's pictureJohn Caserta

3 Quick Ways to Protect Your Pet Over 4th of July

July 4th is a great time to celebrate with friends and family but it can be a very hectic time for our fur-family.  Between the noisy fireworks and the parties, this is a stressful time for our pets.  With these 3 quick ways to prepare for the July 4th weekend, it can keep your animals safe:

1. Have up to date identification tags and think about getting your animals microchipped.  It is also best practice to have an up to date picture of your animal on hand.

2. Leave your pet at home in a safe and escape-proof room during parties and fireworks. Put them in a confined room with their water bowl and some treats.  You can give them a blanket or old sweater that smells like you but also don't be too surprised if it gets ruined.  

3. After celebrating, check your yard for firework debris before allowing your pet to go outside. Just because you were not shooting off fireworks doesn't mean that your neighbor wasn't and extra debris didn't land in your yard.  Dogs, especially, can think the debris is a toy or stick to play with.  Make sure that there are no leftovers left behind from your party-goers that will be harmful to your pet.  

These are just three of the top ways to get prepared for the July 4th festivities.  To read more tips, check out the AVMA.orgsite that will help you prepare in advance, during the celebrations and after the celebrations. 

Reggie & Gimli wish you all a safe and happy 4th of July!


bottom of page